Playing with Fire
Omaha’s Best FREE Summer Concert Series
Friday & Saturday, July 14 & 15
Turner Park at Midtown Crossing
Award-winning European, Canadian, U.S. bands are set to light your fire!
Get ready for an incredible 19th season of free live music from the hottest blues-influenced bands worldwide.
“If you love rock n’ roll, blues, soul, funk, guitars, horns, and powerful vocals – old hands and rising stars – Playing with Fire 2023 has it all in one place, four times this summer,” says producer Jeff Davis. “Best of all, it’s free!”
Friday, July 14 – Park seating begins 4 p.m. Music begins 6:45 p.m.
- Sugaray Rayford – GRAMMY® Award-nominated Texas-rooted blues singer with impassioned southern soul.
- Eddie 9V – Atlanta-based blues singer-guitarist who specializes in gut-bucket soul.
July 15 – Park seating begins 4 p.m., Music begins 4:30 p.m.
- Twelve Bar Blues Band – All the way from Amsterdam comes this award-winning band that mixes elements of Chicago, Delta and Texas blues.
- Dom Martin Band – Northern Ireland-rooted bluesman, was a multiple UK Blues award-winner and inductee into the UK Blues Hall of Fame by age 31.
- Justin Saladino – Montreal-based blues, rock, and funk artist is a favorite at Canadian blues festivals.
- BluesEd – Omaha youth music program supported by PwF will feature an all-teens band called The Redwoods.
Click here for information about the Playing with Fire concerts on August 11 & 12.
Blankets, chairs, and picnics are welcome at this all-ages event. Additional FAQs: https://www.playingwithfireomaha.net/faq
Primary support comes from the Nebraska Arts Council and funding from the National Endowment for the Arts and Nebraska Cultural Endowment, Douglas Co. Visitors Improvement Fund, and Jeff Davis’s investment. Additional support comes from in-kind and fan donations and a host of committed volunteers.
ABOUT PLAYING WITH FIRE: PwF is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting local, non-profit organizations and building bonds between people – locally, nationally, and internationally – with free, live music concerts presented by brilliant, award-winning, and worldwide musicians. We bring the world to Omaha and take Omaha to the world — one free concert at a time.
Please visit the PwF website to learn more about this year’s artists, sponsorship opportunities, and the organizers’ philosophy: www.playingwithfireomaha.net.