Playing with Fire
Omaha’s Best FREE Summer Concert Series
Friday & Saturday, August 11 & 12
Turner Park at Midtown Crossing
Award-winning European, Canadian, U.S. bands are set to light your fire!
Get ready for an incredible 19th season of free live music from the hottest blues-influenced bands worldwide.
“If you love rock n’ roll, blues, soul, funk, guitars, horns, and powerful vocals – old hands and rising stars – Playing with Fire 2023 has it all in one place, four times this summer,” says producer Jeff Davis. “Best of all, it’s free!”
August 11 – Park seating begins 4 p.m. Music begins 6:45 p.m.
- Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado – This award-winning Danish blues-rock band from Copenhagen has a fierce horn section.
- Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar – Seven-piece Toronto blues band renowned for their mix of blues, gospel, and rock.
August 12 – Park seating begins 4 p.m., Music starts at 4:30 p.m.
- Bywater Call – Fueled by a smokin’ seven-piece and a powerful vocalist, this Toronto-based southern soul band blends blues and roots-rock and is a must-see.
- Joanne Shaw Taylor – This critically acclaimed, sultry British singer-guitarist was discovered at age 13 and, while in her 30’s, breaking into the UK Top 20 Album Charts.
- Josh Hoyer & Soul Colossal – An Omaha favorite, this Lincoln band has earned multiple OEA Awards.
- BluesEd – Omaha youth group Us and Them will open the show.
Click here for information about the Playing with Fire concerts on July 14 & 15.
Blankets, chairs, and picnics are welcome at this all-ages event. Additional FAQs: https://www.playingwithfireomaha.net/faq
Primary support comes from the Nebraska Arts Council and funding from the National Endowment for the Arts and Nebraska Cultural Endowment, Douglas Co. Visitors Improvement Fund, and Jeff Davis’s investment. Additional support comes from in-kind and fan donations and a host of committed volunteers.
ABOUT PLAYING WITH FIRE: PwF is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting local, non-profit organizations and building bonds between people – locally, nationally, and internationally – with free, live music concerts presented by brilliant, award-winning, and worldwide musicians. We bring the world to Omaha and take Omaha to the world — one free concert at a time.
Please visit the PwF website to learn more about this year’s artists, sponsorship opportunities, and the organizers’ philosophy: www.playingwithfireomaha.net.