Looking for some summer fun in Midtown Omaha?
Look no further than the Midtown Summer Fun Day, presented by the Junior League of Omaha on Saturday, May 13th. This event is designed to raise awareness of food insecurity and support their signature program, Kitchen Connections. The event starts with Fun & Games in Turner Park from 10am-11am. Bring the whole family to enjoy face painting, balloon twists, chalk art, and more! Donations are encouraged to support Kitchen Connections and their work in establishing healthy eating habits, lifelong home-cooking skills, and equipping their homes with the essentials needed to prepare nutritious meals for themselves and their families.
And there’s more!
After the morning activities, take a stroll around Midtown Crossing to enjoy a range of specials and activities. Participating retailers are offering Summer Fun Day-themed activities, and you can even meet your favorite action characters live and in person. Grab a wood-fired pizza or waffle cone, stop in for some buffalo wings, or grab a cup of coffee – it’s a family celebration, and it’s all right here at the intersection of everything Omaha.
If you’re looking to celebrate Mom on Sunday, May 14th, here are some darn good, mom-centered ideas:
- Sofra Kitchen is offering an extended brunch menu from 7am–9pm. Call today to make your reservation.
- Corky Canvas is a perfect gift for quality time and a souvenir to remember the day. All moms receive their first drink free!
- Come create new memories at Corky Boards with the moms in your life this Mother’s Day! With over 200 boards to choose from, there is something for everyone! Register online today.
- Garbo’s Salon & Spa is having their biggest sale of the season, with 25% off all products from May 13th-21st.
- Stop by Wohlner’s Neighborhood Grocery for the best cuts of meat – always USDA Choice or better – perfect for grilling.
- Chef Around the Block is hosting a Mother’s Day pop-up brunch on May 14th.
- Rexius Nutrition Midtown offers the best tasting formula greens – a great way to boost greens and veggie intake for everyone, including dear old mom.
- Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza + Taproom has opened their patio for the season – perfect for MOMS, graduation, birthdays, business outings, Jazz on the Green, and more!
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Spielbound Board Game Café with a Rosé and Raptors game.
And then, maybe a scenic stroll to work off brunch!
For a relaxing afternoon with your mom, take a stroll through Turner Park. This beautiful park is nestled in the heart of Midtown Crossing and features plenty to do and see, nearby walking trails, and plenty of green space for relaxing. Bring your furry friend and a frisbee!
Midtown Omaha has something for everyone this summer, so come out and enjoy. Meet us in Midtown this summer for an action-packed host of events. Are you ready, Omaha?