Bitter cold temperatures. Freezing rain and ice. Yep. Winters in the heartland can be downright brutal. Ok sure, a cozy day on the couch, watching the big game with seriously the best chicken wings in town sounds pretty darn good. The problem is your furry friend needs a little more adventure than lounging on the sofa all day. Midtown Crossing and the surrounding area to the rescue!
- Your friends at Long Dog Fat Cat on Farnam Street are ready and stocked full of products, accessories and services designed to help you keep your furry friend safe from harm. Maybe a new cozy coat is in order. Keep your dog’s paws warm and safe with products in the store. The pet experts at Long Dog Fat Cat can help guide you on the best products and paw protectors available for purchase. Whether it’s a 6-week haircut, a brush out, nail trim or teeth and ear cleaning, the pet professionals can guide you and make recommendations on your current schedules. It’s important to keep your pet well-groomed and healthy during these winter months. For more information, check out their services here. Whatever you do, don’t forget the occasional treat – custom and pre-made bakery items made with care using organic ingredients. Stop by today and visit with the experts!
- A quick lick of your juicy, tangy wings won’t hurt but don’t forget to adjust your pet’s calorie intake during this frigid season. Some dogs enjoy romping in the snow in Turner Park and expend a great deal of energy during these months. Other pets enjoy snuggling by the fire and resist even going outside for a potty break. Long Dog Fat Cat associates can help you adjust your pet’s diet. Raw, canned, freeze-dried, or dry, check out midtown Omaha’s most complete, healthy selection of dog food products here. You’ll find treats, supplements, and an array of quality sourced products. There’s plenty for kitty, too. Check out their full line of cat food products.
- Be sure and check out Omaha’s most popular, scenic park – Turner Park located in Midtown Crossing. Bundle up, grab a cocoa, and explore the spacious 7.5 acre revitalized urban green space and cleared walkways. A toy from Long Dog Fat Cat means your friend will burn off some energy while enjoying the beautiful view. Plenty of dog stations and free bags to make your life easier, too! Did you know that walking around the park twice (and a smidge more) is one mile! Great exercise on a cold winter day!
- Minutes away, on foot, is Omaha’s most fun, lively dog park, Dewey Dog Park. Dogs, and their owners, love the spacious park just off Harney Street and Turner Boulevard. Open year-round, park amenities include a the off-leash agility course and playground, running water and splash pad (summer months), self-cleaning synthetic turf, chairs, benches and canopies. For smaller pooches, enjoy the small dog area. Plenty of pooch bags available or bring your own and feel free to dispose in the convenient trash cans.
- You and your pup have so much to explore in the area surrounding Midtown Crossing. Tucked in the heart of the city, Midtown Crossing is uniquely situated at the center of everything Omaha. Minutes from the vibe and excitement in downtown, UNMC and Creighton University, Omaha’s bike trail system called the “Paths of Discovery”, countless city parks and the iconic Blackstone neighborhood. A short walk away are historic and intriguing finds including the Gold Coast’s mansion Joslyn Castle, the Gerald R. Ford Birthsite and Gardens, and Saint Cecilia’s Cathedral. Who’s ready for a vigorous walk around the neighborhood?
- Last but not least, Farnam Street. Many of the locally-fueled retailers along this lively urban core corridor will be happy to welcome you and your dog – and some may even have a tasty treat when you stop by! Rexius Nutrition is a great example of our pet-loving retailers, and you’ll enjoy browsing their health and wellness, pre-workout, protein and weight loss products after your walk around the park.