- Jazz on the Green. Yep. It’s almost that time of year. Omaha’s beloved outdoor summer tradition is back for another summer of free concerts at Midtown Crossing. Join us in Omaha’s favorite outdoor park, Turner Park, Thursdays, July 7 through August 11 for a combination of jazzy and smooth jazz to the liveliest of pop, reggae, and classic rock.
The line-up this year will knock your socks off, literally, with performers like Alexis Arai y Su Grupo Latino, Rhythm Collective with Linoma Mashers, and a New Orleans fav Jon Cleary with Occasional Brothers. Grab your comfy blanket, call your friends and make your plans. And, for Heaven’s sakes, save your back and leave your cooler at home. There’s plenty of food in and around the Turner Park Patio area including delicious wood-fired pizza, tangy wings, guacamole and fajitas like you’ve never had and summer-licious ice cream. This is what summer is all about.
- Street performers, Yardzee, live music, you say? Omaha’s favorite Fridays returns to Turner Park two more Fridays, June 24 and September 16. The 5th Annual Night Market, presented by Veridian Credit Union, features fun like you’ve never had including live music, strolling entertainers, entertainment, activities for seriously every member of your family. And your furry friend. There’s a Vendor Village featuring 40+ local makers and boutiques, all curated by Hello Ruby. There’s bag toss. There’s ping pong. And, of course, there’s food. Ice cold beverages, pizza, wings, tacos. Yep. It’s all here. Best way to kick off your weekend!
- They’re back. And they’re ready. Are you? Playing with Fire, Omaha’s FREE summer concert series is ready to rock Omaha’s Turner Park on July 15, 16 and August 12, 13. Performers like the Twelve Bar Blues Band and the Ghost Town Blues Band are sure to bring the party to Omaha’s hottest spot in town. And, for mercy sakes, there’s food galore including mouth-watering pizzas, Asian food, tacos, burgers and so much more. Yes, another reason to party.
- Get ready to MOVE-YOUR-BOOTY and join the momentum with Wednesday Night Workouts (Wednesdays through August 17 at 6pm) and Yoga in the Park (Sundays through July 31 at 4 pm). Presented by Methodist Health System, these high energy, hip and FUN outdoor events are free and open to the public. All skill levels are welcome, including beginners. Bring your water and your roomie, we’ll do the rest. And maybe a frosty margarita, chips and salsa afterwards.
- Did someone say Patio Party? Turner Park, did. C’mon over on Thursday, June 23. Bring your friends and kick off your weekend with a cool drink and summer breeze. Live DJs, specials including all-night Happy Hour and more.
- If you love local art, you’re going to want to mark your calendars for the 4th Annual Chalk Art Festival, presented by Emspace + Lovgren on September 10 & 11. If you’re an artist, now’s the time to apply to join the festival and cover the sidewalks of Midtown Crossing in COLOR. This year’s theme is Chalking on Sunshine!